Asphalt paving is known for its durability and resilience.
It is a perfect pavement option for residential, commercial, and industrial use.
When installed appropriately, it looks good, and it is both environmentally and budget-friendly plus it will last long.
What is asphalt paving?
In every place you look at in America, you’ve probably noticed asphalt. Asphalt paving constitutes an aggregate of stones, gravel, sand, crushed rocks, or even slag with binders (mostly bitumen) and fillers.
All these are mixed together to create the final product.
The mixes can fall into any of the following categories;
- Cold mix asphalt – can be used for temporary fixes and mostly in cold temperatures
- Hot mix asphalt – it offers a permanent solution
- Warm mix asphalt – it is similar to hot mix but it doesn’t need to be kept so hot and it is flexible
- Porous asphalt – this paving allows water to drain and it is the best option for areas prone to flooding or water pooling like driveways, walkways, and parking lots.
- Dense-graded mix – this is a type of hot mix asphalt; it is impermeable making it best for all traffic areas including asphalt roads and highways.
Despite being durable, asphalt pavement can get damaged.
Some of the damages include cracking, stripping, base failure, and formation of potholes.
But no cause of alarm as these damages can be rectified through seal coating, milling, patching, and even the cracks can be filled.
It is important to know that asphalt paving uses heavy machines which can be dangerous. For this reason, it is best to leave it to professionals whenever you need asphalt paving services.
Where to get asphalt paving services in Temple, Texas, and the surrounding areas?
There are a variety of quality asphalt paving service providers in Texas, a good place to start will be at Al’s Paving, they are affordable, efficient, and offer high-quality service.